Christian Life Center was chartered in 1936 in Houston,TX under the name of Norhill Assembly of God Church. The church grew, and in the mid-1960's they moved to a new location, 12330 Vickery Street in the Freeway Forest Subdivision of Houston, TX. At this time they changed the name of the church to Freeway Forest Assembly of God. The church grew in the 1970s to become one of the largest Assembly of God churches in the city of Houston. In the late 1980s, the name was once again changed to its current name, Christian Life Center. Between the years of 1987 and 1989, the church went through difficult financial struggles. They closed their school and daycare center and went through three pastors in a period of two years. In June of 1989, Pastor Richard and Lisa Rodriguez became the pastors of Christian Life Center. Since then the church has grown and has once again become one of the fastest growing churches in Houston. The Christian school and daycare are reopened and are fully accredited, state-recognized learning institutions. The schools athletic department has been recognized nationally and internationally on the Today Show, ESPN, and the local Fox network. Currently CLC Academy has one of the top-ranked Prep school basketball teams in America. Christian Life Center became an independent full gospel church in 2005 and still maintains the same fundamental doctrines and high standards it has for the past 76 years. Pastors Richard and Lisa Rodriguez received their theological training from Berean University now known as Global University. This is the first and only church that Richard and Lisa Rodriguez have pastored and they will tell you that they have plans to be here for many years to come.
806 Russell Palmer Road